Boost your immunity by trying this simple, but effective home remedy! Honey, garlic, and lemon are all great at fighting off infections because they each act as an antibacterial. The antiviral properties of honey help protect against viruses like the flu, and the vitamin C found in lemon helps strengthen the immune system.
- 1 – 2 tablespoons honey (Use the raw, unpasteurized kind!)
- 5 – 8 cloves of raw garlic
- One whole lemon
- A clean jar
- Thoroughly wash the lemon and cut into wedges. Make sure to leave the rind on!
- Peel garlic cloves and chop finely.
- Fill jar with lemon wedges and chopped garlic. Pour the honey over the mixture.
- The honey, garlic, and lemon mixture is ready to use right away! It’s best to use this on the same day since it will lose potency after 24 hours. Make a new batch fresh each day for as long as your cold and flu symptoms last.
Now you have your own go-to natural cold medicine prepared! When you’re feeling the symptoms of a cold, eat a small spoonful of honey from your ‘medicine’ jar (don’t forget to include the chunks of lemon and garlic!) about every hour. Or you can make a nice soothing tea by adding a spoonful to some hot water.
What are some other natural cold remedies you use at home? Let us know in the comments section below! And don’t forget to share this with your friends and families!